You are a role model to your child, and what they do best is imitate the things you do – from dressing up as a grown-up to copying you by pretending to cook, bake, and wash the dishes for the family.
This is what makes the IKEA DUKTIG Play Kitchen a fun and popular toy for families with young kids.
But as you can see with all the other blank canvas IKEA furniture, toys, and home goods, the style is somewhat bland and basic.
IKEA DUKTIG Hacks For Your Kid’s Play Kitchen
The great thing is, just like all these other IKEA furniture hacks, you can be as creative as you want by giving the IKEA DUKTIG a complete makeover – that includes these fun things:
- Painting the basic for a splash of color to add some life
- Adding a wooden butcher block counter, or installing a marble patterned paper
- Adding a beautiful backsplash of your choice using stick-and-peel options (or even real tiles from your last DIY project)
- Spray painting the pulls and handles, or simply swap them out for more fun ones
Just think of how you would give your home kitchen (the real kitchen) an upgrade and apply those inspiring ideas and designs to your kid’s IKEA DUKTIG Play Kitchen.
Fortunately, unlike a real renovation job for your kitchen, you don’t need to spend a lot of money on a cute little play kitchen for your kids.
Here are some inspiring and creative ways to remodel your kid’s IKEA play kitchen – we guarantee your kids are going to love your version of the IKEA DUKTIG hack!
Don’t forget to save or bookmark this page so you can get more inspiration on the Ikea Play Kitchen (DUKTIG) for your kids. On top of that, you can easily reference back to this blog for more awesome home living ideas and IKEA furniture hacks!
More Articles on The Best IKEA Hacks for Your Affordable Dream Home:
- IKEA MALM Hacks for Any Living Space
- IKEA TARVA Dresser Hacks
- IKEA KALLAX Hacks (Including the TV Stand Hack and Bench Hack)
- IKEA Desk and Table Hacks for Your Home Office Space
- The Affordable IKEA BILLY Bookcase Hack for A Built-In Look
1. IKEA DUKIG Play Kitchen Hack in Lovely Teal
2. Play Kitchen IKEA Makeover
3. Upgraded IKEA Play Kitchen Hack in Blue and Gold
4. Minimalistic IKEA Play Kitchen Makeover
5. Kid’s IKEA Play Kitchen with Fridge
6. Kids IKEA Play Kitchen with Stick and Peel Backslash
7. Mid Century IKEA Play Kitchen in Light Pink
8. Coral IKEA Kid’s Play Kitchen with Floral Design
9. IKEA Kid’s Play Kitchen with Floral Wallpaper
10. Black Kid’s Play Kitchen with Metallic Handles
11. Simple IKEA Play Kitchen by Swapping Pulls
12. Teal and Birch IKEA Play Kitchen
13. IKEA Play Kitchen in Kid’s Playroom with Dining Table
14. IKEA Kid’s Play Kitchen in Pretty Pink
15. IKEA Play Kitchen with White Leather Pulls
16. From Play Kitchen to Play Coffee Cart
17. IKEA DUKTIG with Soft Pink and Black White Backsplash
18. IKEA Play Kitchen Hack – Bakery, Food Truck, Ice Cream Stand
19. IKEA DUKTIG with Light Teal and Leather Pulls
20. IKEA DUKTIG with Gold Accent and Subway Tile Backsplash
Final words on the IKEA DUGTIG Play Kitchen Hack
Just like any other IKEA product, regardless if it’s a toy or furniture piece, you can do wonders and make magic happen when you unleash your inner creativity!
From a fresh coat of paint and giving it mini backsplash, to as simple as swapping out the handles or spray painting them, there are many hacks for the IKEA DUKTIG Play Kitchen.
We hope you enjoyed these inspiring 20 IKEA play kitchen makeover hacks for your kids!
What are your favorite play kitchen ideas from this post?
Let us know in the comment below on which DUKTIG ideas your kids want you to try!